Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Posted Image

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
RM Character Guides?; Help me
Topic Started: Jul 16 2014, 01:24 AM (520 Views)
Mettie7
Member Avatar
Super Trooper ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Alright, so I was stealing an idea from Rob thinking that when SSB4 comes out, we should have guide threads for each character like how they play and what strategies you should try and use. We just need a masterpost and a format that every character thread should follow.

The threads would list all the moves (Up Smash, Dair, Side Special 2, etc.) and strategies and hopefully as more info comes out, the threads can look somewhat professional. Pictures and videos would be neat too if possible.

Depending on how many characters there are and how many members would want to make a thread for a character would decide on how many everyone should do. If there's 50 characters and only 5 people want to do it, then they should divide the characters amongst themselves for 10 each however they like as long as they all follow the thread format.

I was thinking the masterpost could look like the roster with follow-through links to each thread. It'd be nice if that was stickied once it was made ;D

I threw together a hella quick example, don't believe me, check the file name
Spoiler: click to toggle

Thoughts? Questions? Suggestions?
Posted Image
PM Offline Member Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Peace
No Avatar
Master of the Elements
I'm 100% all about this idea. I call dibs on Mega Man and Olimar. Heck I'd kinda like to do something like this for Project Melee since that's a big game for the clan now.
Quote:

[10:34:20 PM] Rawb | Marraphy: i get a boner everytime i kill someone

Quote:

[5:51:56 PM] BA: geeettttttt
dunked on!!!

Quote:

[1:43:03 AM] Draayder: it's better to not die than to die

Quote:

[6:25:01 PM] BA: Everyone can die for all I care

Quote:

[5:16:24 PM] Mantonio: The sort of voice you see breathy women sang rock songs with a ukelele

Mettie7
Member Avatar
Super Trooper ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I don't PM but I know p much everyone else does, so go nuts!

I call Meta Knight and G&W for 4!
Posted Image

Draayder
Member Avatar
King DeDeDe
imo we probably wouldn't need to put down the moves/percents and junk since that'll be up in a billion places but we could always just copy paste them in so it's not that big of a deal. I'd probably be down for a couple, we'll see who I like.
Posted Image

Mettie7
Member Avatar
Super Trooper ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Draayder,Jul 16 2014
12:29 PM
imo we probably wouldn't need to put down the moves/percents and junk

Yea I was thinking about that too. What I was thinking was something like this:

"Mario - Up Tilt - 7% - Description like high end lag, low reach, etc"

There wouldn't have to be a paragraph for each move, like we don't need to know where the origins of the moves came from, no one plays Super Mario 64 anymore, but I think that example would be enough?
Posted Image

Mettie7
Member Avatar
Super Trooper ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
I created a folder to hold all the WIP character threads in Google Drive. Instead of having one person only be in charge of their characters, I figured we could help each other if someone needs help with theirs! Nothing's there yet except a WIP character template. Just PM me your email you'd like to use and I'll share the folder with you!
Posted Image

Odysseus
Member Avatar
PRRRROMOTION

I think this would be a fun project. I'll contribute some things once I actually play the game.

These could also be posted on other sites/forums for publicity if the authors so choose.
Posted Image

King Bowser
Member Avatar
Locke
This is great, we'll all be helping each other out, like family. I would love to contribute when I can
from BA
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/ad301/best_Alchemist/Signatures/KBow3.png

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Characters · Next Topic »
Add Reply